Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Muscle & Joint Support for Pets

Age and degenerative joint disease can be hard on our pets. I share a blend in this post that will help you support your pet as they age or develop pain associated with their muscles and joints.  This blend can be used with dogs or cats, but the peppermint should be omitted if using with cats. This blend can be mixed in a 60ml spray bottle and used 2-4 times daily. You can also diffuse this blend in a room that your pet can leave if they so choose.  I like to spray this blend on the affected area and gently massage. The oils and the massage will help provide some relief to your pet.



Along with this blend I recommend a good quality dog food that supports the joints. I also recommend glucosamine supplements. These products are not regulated by the FDA so I would suggest speaking with your veterinarian about their favorite glucosamine supplement.
My final recommendation is to find a veterinarian in your area that offers therapeutic or cold laser therapy. We offer this service in our clinic and it is so beneficial to the pets. There are no harmful side effects, it is non-invasive and it works so well, for so many conditions.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

As with all of my pet information I suggest you speak with your veterinarian as well, especially if your pet has a condition that is not improving. I do not advocate essential oils in place of regular veterinary care, I advocate them in addition to regular veterinary care.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts